We Want Your Feedback
This site is dedicated to all people that are (or have been) bullied and abused and is still growing and a WORK IN PROGRESS. We are working hard to improve and strengthen this website and ask you provide feedback on how to make it better. What else would you like to see? Contact us to let us know what you think.
It is not right
and it is not your fault.
Sign in with your HALT Account
Types of Child Abuse - Sexual Child Abuse and Exploitation
Sexual Child Abuse and Exploitation
Sexual abuse and exploitation is any sexual contact with a child or the use of a child for the sexual pleasure of someone else. Sexual child abuse ranges from sexual harassment to sexual activity, inappropriate intimacy involving using a child for sexual purposes, as well as any effort(s) of an adult to seduce a minor into a sexual relationship, whether the act is accomplished or not, is considered a form of child sexual abuse. Sexual abuse is forced unwanted sex, demanding the partner wear more (or less) provocative clothing; forced sex in any form; insisting the partner act out fantasies, and denial of the partner’s sexuality. Sexual abuse is the use of a child or youth for sexual gratification. Child sexual abuse, sexual molestation or sexual exploitation can include any kind of sexual act directed toward a child by an adult or by an older or more powerful child or any sexual act which involves a threat or violence.
- Attempted or completed sexual relations
- Any type of penetration of a child's vagina or anus, however slight, by a penis, finger, tongue or other object
- Oral sex performed on a child or telling a child to perform oral sex
- An adult masturbating in front of a child
- Rubbing (masturbating) against a child
- Exposure of the genitals
- Photographing the child's genitals or the child in a sexual position.
- Inviting a child to touch the adult's or another's genitals
- Fondling of the genitals or requests for the child to do so
- Touching or fondling child's genitals by an adult
- Exposing private parts to the child or asking the child to expose him or herself
- Oral sex or attempts to enter the vagina or anus with fingers, objects or penis, although actual penetration is rarely achieved.
- Is when a child is sexually violated by a parent, parent figure, older sibling, other relative, or other significant person in the child's family life
- Involving a child in prostitution or pornography
- Photographing, videotaping, or filming of children with the intent to create sexual stimulation
- Sexual exploitation
- Exposing a child to pornography
- Exposure of a child to erotic material
- Making a child or youth watch sexual acts
- Prolonged kissing, cuddling
- French kissing, excessive touching
- Sexual harassment
- Talking to, taunting or teasing a child in a sexual way